Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/03/29 17:10:01 UTC

Struts Console and JDeveloper 9i

Subject: Struts Console and JDeveloper 9i
From: "Patrick Schilling" <ps...@tcfbank.com>
 ===
Hello,

Does anyone use the struts-console,
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/console/index.html , as an add in for
JDeveloper 9i?  I have been unable to get it to work correctly and was
wondering if anyone has had any luck with it.  Works great as a standalone,
would just be nice as an integrated part of the IDE.

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: Struts Console and JDeveloper 9i

Posted by Steve Muench <St...@oracle.com>.
I was trying to download the latest rev today but
the website for Struts Console seemed to be down.

One thing that could be an issue is that, as noted
in the release notes of our Release Candidate 2 build
that was published this week on OTN, the format of
the Addin manifest file changed between RC1 and RC2
releases. Addin suppliers would need a small tweak
to their supplied manifest file to adapt to the
new format.

The "symptom" of the format being wrong for RC2 would
be that the addin is ignored at startup time.

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp

Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Patrick,

The Struts Console should work fine with JDeveloper 9i
RC1.  However, as Steve Muench mentioned the manifest
file entries for JDeveloper to recognize addins have
changed.  This poses a headache in the fact that if I
update the manifest file to work for RC2 it will
likely break for RC1 (unconfirmed).  I will most
likely update to the RC2 version in the next release.
Hopefully the format won't change anymore.

As to why you can't get it to work with RC1 I don�t
know.  I recommend you follow the instructions on my
website explicitly and you should have no problems.

http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/console/help.html

If you continue to have problems feel free to contact
me directly and I can help you.

-james
james@jamesholmes.com