Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Aaron McCurry <am...@apache.org> on 2015/07/17 03:06:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.4-incubating RC1

Hello Incubators,

We are happy to announce Blur 0.2.4-incubating is ready for release.

The release artifacts can be found at this location:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/blur/0.2.4-incubating/

The source distribution is provided by:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/blur/0.2.4-incubating/apache-blur-0.2.4-incubating-src.tar.gz

Two binary distribution is provided for user convenience:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/blur/0.2.4-incubating/apache-blur-hadoop2-2.6.0-0.2.4-incubating-bin.tar.gz

The tag in Apache Git can be found here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-blur.git;a=tag;h=2b2fad6f4caf14c4019bba9eafb9dd62ed7cdcae

The release notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12327386&styleName=Html&projectId=12313721

Finally, the blur-dev@incubator [VOTE] thread can be found at this location:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-blur-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAB6tTr2wKdTf8t585yvGTiqaebd_TcfnAnhdm0ZdM-YA9Jb%2BuA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Result summery: +1 (1 binding, 1 non-binding), 0 (0), -1 (0)

The [VOTE] will be open for the next 72 hours --- closing Sunday (July
19th) at 9:30pm (EST).

Thanks!

Aaron

Re: [VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.4-incubating RC1

Posted by Aaron McCurry <am...@gmail.com>.
Justin thank you for taking the time to evaluate the release.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to review Justin, we appreciate it.
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) until the MPL issue can be resolved /
> explained, other issues can be fixed next release. For the MPL issue it may
> be that "For small amounts of source that is directly consumed by the ASF
> product at runtime in source form” may apply. [2]
>
> I think we just missed it, based on the example, I don't think we can
> use that escape-clause/rationale for its inclusion.  We should take it
> back to the dev list at this point.

I agree.  I will cancel the vote and we will retry soon.

Aaron

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> I think we just missed it, based on the example, I don't think we can
> use that escape-clause/rationale for its inclusion.  We should take it
> back to the dev list at this point.

Hope it easily replaceable with something that’s more Apache license compatable.

> Yeah, these were just to drive some tests but I reckon we should craft
> another way that ships in source form.

If it’s easy to do that would be preferable.

> They're sources needed to produce a [valid] binary package so it
> seemed reasonable to me include them.

Perhaps a README or NOTE in the directory saying that?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.4-incubating RC1

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep