Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Lucas Albers <ad...@cs.montana.edu> on 2004/08/10 07:26:14 UTC

Documentation on writing SA 3.0 plugin

Is their some documentation for how to write a 3.0 plugin?
Examine the source code...
I did not see any readme files in the source package about this.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering

Re: Documentation on writing SA 3.0 plugin

Posted by Bob Apthorpe <ap...@cynistar.net>.
Hi,

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:41:05 -0700 jm@jmason.org (Justin Mason) wrote:
> Lucas Albers writes:
> > Thanks.
> > I was interested in writing this as a plugin for SA 3.1:
> >
> > http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/SpamByASN
> >
> > This should be relativelly simple, as it is just a network test.
>
> That does look quite nifty.  The Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry
> plugin should provide some ideas on how to do this kind of thing (add
> additional metadata headers to the message so that new tests can be
> used to match against that).

See also http://www.ripe.net/ris/riswhois.html and
http://bgphints.ruud.org/articles/cymru-whois.html for two ways to find
the ASN for an IP address.

Tokenizing ASN and stuffing that into Bayes should prove very, very
interesting...

-- Bob

Re: Documentation on writing SA 3.0 plugin

Posted by Lucas Albers <ad...@cs.montana.edu>.
Thanks.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.