Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by br...@panix.com on 2000/12/01 04:50:28 UTC

Re: Solaris binary for mod_jk.so

Brent,

The docs ASSUME you are compiling using gcc not Sun's cc.  If you use Sun's
compiler you have to add -DSOLARIS and -lposix4 to the command line.  You
also have to manually edit some files in ../jk/ because Sun's cc doesn't
like comments after a #endif (i.e. #endif /* netware */ ).

$(APXS) -I ../jk ${JAVA_INCL} -DSOLARIS -lposix4 -c -o $@ mod_jk.c $(SRCS)

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html

What they should do is include src/native in the bin distribution so one
doesn't need to download both, just to be able to get at src/native/jk
and src/native/apacheX.X.

[This is fresh in my head as I just installed Apache 1.3.14 & Tomcat 3.2, and
then integrated them on a Solaris 2.6 machine.]

--Bryan

According to brent.johnson@homepoint.com: