Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by James Marca <jm...@translab.its.uci.edu> on 2013/09/13 23:41:45 UTC

geocouch for use with 1.4.0

Hi all,

Perhaps this isn't the right list for this question, but I was
wondering which version of geocouch would pair with 1.4.0?

I only see a branch for 1.3.x, not 1.4.x (I just pulled from the
couchbaase/geocouch repo on github).  Will 1.3.x work okay?

Regards,

James

believed to be clean.

Re: geocouch for use with 1.4.0

Posted by Volker Mische <vo...@gmail.com>.
On 09/15/2013 02:17 PM, Volker Mische wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On 09/13/2013 11:41 PM, James Marca wrote:
>> I only see a branch for 1.3.x, not 1.4.x (I just pulled from the
>> couchbaase/geocouch repo on github).  Will 1.3.x work okay?
>
> The 1.3.x brach should work well. I haven't tested it myself yet (I'll
> have a long train ride tomorrow to test it out :)

The couchdb1.3.x branch works well with Apache CouchDB 1.4.0.

I'm currently working on making the new GeoCouch code basis available
for 1.4.x (which will then result in an couchdb1.4.x branch)

Cheers,
  Volker

Re: geocouch for use with 1.4.0

Posted by Volker Mische <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

On 09/13/2013 11:41 PM, James Marca wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Perhaps this isn't the right list for this question, but I was
> wondering which version of geocouch would pair with 1.4.0?

That is the right place to ask such questions.

> I only see a branch for 1.3.x, not 1.4.x (I just pulled from the
> couchbaase/geocouch repo on github).  Will 1.3.x work okay?

The 1.3.x brach should work well. I haven't tested it myself yet (I'll
have a long train ride tomorrow to test it out :)

If you have a success or failure story feel free to share it here.

Cheers,
  Volker

Re: geocouch for use with 1.4.0

Posted by James Marca <jm...@translab.its.uci.edu>.
On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:58:29AM +0200, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> I think 1.3.x should be fine. If not, here's a good place to report
> back any issues.

Thanks, will do.

> A+
> Dave
>
> On 13 September 2013 23:41, James Marca <jm...@translab.its.uci.edu> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Perhaps this isn't the right list for this question, but I was
> > wondering which version of geocouch would pair with 1.4.0?
> >
> > I only see a branch for 1.3.x, not 1.4.x (I just pulled from the
> > couchbaase/geocouch repo on github).  Will 1.3.x work okay?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > James
> >
> > --
> > believed to be clean.