Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by hanni_xu <ha...@126.com> on 2010/08/11 05:41:45 UTC

can integrate DDS with SDO?

hi,

I am a fresher for SOA, I am looking for a solution for integrating the DDS with SDO. In the Tuscany site, I found three components (Tuscany SCA, Tuscany SDO, DAS), but I can't understand them relations with each other, I don't know whether Tuscany SDO and DAS can be use to integrate with DDS, Can anybody tell me the resulte? and how to integrate? and If use Tuscany SDO and DAS, other components need?
thanks.

2010-08-11

hanni_xu

Re: can integrate DDS with SDO?

Posted by Akhilesh Singh <ak...@zinniasystems.com>.
Hi,
  Taken straight from OSOA site,

 *Service Component Architecture* aims to provide a model for the creation
of service components in a wide range of languages and a model for
assembling service components into a business solution - activities which
are at the heart of building applications using a service-oriented
architecture.

*Service Data Objects* aims to provide consistent means of handling data
within applications, whatever its source or format may be.  SDO provides a
way of unifying data handling for databases and for services. SDO also has
mechanisms for the handling of data while detached from its source.

SCA and SDO can each be used on their own - there is no requirement to use
both of them in the same application.  SCA and SDO used together provide a
powerful and flexible way of building applications around a service-oriented
architecture.

Simply put, SCA and SDO have totally separate concerns. SCA is more like an
evolution of component technologies like CORBA, ESB,JBI, etc. but far more
sophisticated. SDO is more like an evolution of data representation
technologies like JAXB, EMF, etc.

Moreover from tuscany documentation at
http://tuscany.apache.org/das-overview.html,

 Data Access Service (DAS) simplifies handling of data when interacting with
the back-end data source and frees application developers from dealing with
tedious and error-prone transformation between end source types and SDO Data
Object Types/properties

 DAS is like an evolution of JDBC,ORM,etc  but far more generic.

I think this must give you some clarity about SCA, SDO and DAS. As regards,
integration with DDS, I think out of box its not possible. But sure you can
treat DDS also as back-end data source and create your own adapter to talk
to DDS.

For an easy introduction to SDO, you can visit
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-sdo/ which is co-authored
by one of the commiters of Tuscany.

Regards,

Akhilesh

Posted by "Malisetti, Ramanjaneyulu" <Ra...@ca.com>.
What is DDS?

Regards

Raman

Posted by hanni_xu <ha...@126.com>.
DDS is Data Distribute Service, which is a standard of OMG(http://portals.omg.org/dds), I am working with OpenSplice DDS(http://www.opensplice.org) which is a implemention of OMG DDS v1.2, OpenSplice is open source DDS.

2010-08-11

hanni_xu

Posted by hanni_xu <ha...@126.com>.
hi,