Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1998/03/10 18:10:38 UTC

APACI -- Apache Autoconf Interface

Because the majority of the group members voted against my Apache
Autoconf-style Interface (APACI) for building and installing Apacher 1.3
out-of-the-box it is currently not considered to be included into the official
Apache 1.3 distribution. But I make it available to all those who are
interested:

   ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/contrib/apaci/

It provides a well-known GNU Autoconf-style (_NOT_ Autoconf-based!) frontend
to our proprietary src/Configure stuff and adds out-ot-the-box installation
for Apache 1.3.

Example:

The following procedure compiles and installs an Apache 1.3 with mod_rewrite,
mod_proxy and mod_so while using the rules HIDE and HASHSREGEX. It also
compiles the maximum number of possible modules as shared objects. And finally
it installs the complete stuff under a GNU-conforming /tmp/apache/ tree
together with ready-to-run  configuration files (LoadModule directives are
added automatically for the shared objects), so you can directly run Apache
with apachectl:

   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache \
                 --enable-module=rewrite \
                 --enable-module=proxy \