Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Evans <ma...@destek.net> on 1997/04/20 00:43:57 UTC

Re: Changed information for PR mod_include/382

So are you saying that a CGI program designed to be used as:

    http://www/cgi-bin/foo/path/argument/file

can not be referenced in a "#exec cgi ..." reference, but instead
must be referenced in a "#include virtual ..." reference? On other
web servers I have used this on (NCSA-1.5, WebSite, and Purveyor)
this has not been the case. The script /cgi-bin/foo is invoked with
PATH_TRANSLATED set to /path/to/htdocs/path/argument/file for the
above example. I guess if I have to special case code for Apache I
can, it just seems odd to me that this would be the case...

>State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
>State-Changed-By: dgaudet
>State-Changed-When: Sat Apr 19 15:04:47 PDT 1997
>State-Changed-Why:
>#exec cgi is intended to pass the parameters of the "main" request.
>So the PATH_TRANSLATED and such will be those of the .html file.
>#include virtual is more appropriate for this and should work.
>
>Thanks for using Apache.
>Dean

Thanks in advance - Marc
Marc Evans                            WB1GRH      The Destek Networking Group
E-Mail: Marc@Destek.NET                           One Indian Head Plaza
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            603 594 9630 (V) 598 8864 (F)
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                WAN & Internet Services
PGP-2.6 Fingerprint:  20 7C A2 DB 17 B2 21 80  47 AA B9 CD D9 DE 31 CC
       The XFree86[tm] Project, Inc. Industry Liason <Ma...@XFree86.Org>