Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stonecypher, Van J." <VS...@northropgrumman.com> on 2003/04/23 22:03:04 UTC

Change in deploying taglibs?

Hello all,

I have a set of custom taglibs that I have been using with Tomcat 4.1.12 (or
thereabouts). These taglibs are packaged into a jar file that also contains
the TLD. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.24.
Suddenly, it was unable to find the TLD. At least that's what I think the
problem is, since I would get "no tags" errors and I fixed it by extracting
the TLD and pointing web.xml to the extracted file.

The jar is pretty simple having a structure as follows:

taglib.jar
  package
    java class file(s)
  META-INF
    mytaglib.tld

So, my question is, what changed in Tomcat that caused this problem? And, is
it a known issue or am I perhaps packaging the taglibs incorrectly?

Thanks,
Van