Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2003/11/11 05:32:00 UTC

[wiki] Moin Moin?

Hello,

Hey, looks like there's a moin-moin wiki installation on Apache:

http://wiki.apache.org/

Not sure how long it's been there, but the geronimo docs have been moved
over from codehaus to it, which hopefully means it's here to stay.

While the current UseMod wiki version on nagoya is fine, it's also ugly
as sin (IMHO of course).  Would anyone object if I eventually move our
wiki content to the moin-moin installation?

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

Re: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Hey, looks like there's a moin-moin wiki installation on Apache:
>>http://wiki.apache.org/
>>Not sure how long it's been there, but the geronimo docs have been moved
>>over from codehaus to it, which hopefully means it's here to stay.
>
> MoinMoin has been there for weeks as it was tested and configured.  Geronimo
> was moved over somewhat urgently because codehaus was /.'d.  The next step
> is to migrate the existing data from UseMod:Wiki.  If anyone wants to help,
> please feel free.

In particular, it would be swell if someone could write a tool that
converts from UseMod to MoinMoin. I've tried twice now, and failed :/

- Leo

Re: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Tuesday 11 November 2003 15:01, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>I hereby second the nomination of Aaron as Avalon's captain Wiki!
>>

>Captain Wiki of Avalonland
>
>Sounds like a really crappy cartoon/comic, that even the 7 year olds reject
>
> \;o)

Oh come on - "Captain Wiki" - the last American Super Hero?
You will be able to tell you kids about this!

Stephen.

>Niclas

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 13 November 2003 21:06, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> > J Aaron Farr wrote:
> >> Wait... so I don't get to be Captain Wiki of Avalonland?

> Super-heroes have global responsibilities!
> That's not the problem - its the costumes that they have to wear, all of
> those super-weapons, secret aliases, and not least of all - membership
> on the league!

Avalon is turned into Reality Role Indulgence.

Now everyone invent your own super-hero, design your costumes and we hold an
annual event at ApacheCon ;o)

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Leo Simons wrote:

> J Aaron Farr wrote:
>
>> Wait... so I don't get to be Captain Wiki of Avalonland?
>

> sure you do! Just update the who-we-are pages...I'm guessing it'll go
> through on lazy consensus ;)
>
> - LSD
>
> PS: with every priviledge comes responsibility....be careful what you
> bargain for...

Super-heroes have global responsibilities!
That's not the problem - its the costumes that they have to wear, all of
those super-weapons, secret aliases, and not least of all - membership
on the league!

;-)

Stephen.

Re: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

RE: [wiki] Moin Moin?

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 13:46, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I hereby second the nomination of Aaron as Avalon's captain Wiki!
>
> Not necessary.  I'm just saying that rather than jump in and try to do
> something before the Avalon Wiki is setup, he should coordinate with
> infrastructure.  Leo is also on the case.
>
> 	--- Noel

Wait... so I don't get to be Captain Wiki of Avalonland?

:)

I'm starting to follow the threads on infrastructure.  I'll see if
there's anything I can do.

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

RE: [wiki] Moin Moin?