Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Trent <jt...@structsoft.com> on 2001/04/30 21:09:41 UTC

How to embed bean:message within a template

Newbie here.  Just wondering how to accomplish this using templates.

  <template:put name='title' content='<bean:message key="app.title"/>' direct='true' />

Can't seem get the bean to evaluate the message text...  Suggestions?  I tried direct on & off but no luck.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: How to embed bean:message within a template

Posted by John Raley <jo...@moonlight.com>.
Jeff,

Unfortunately you can't nest tags like this.  One workaround is to write
an 'eval' tag that captures its contents into a page-scoped String
object.  It's simple to write, and is a good exercise in taglib
authoring (I have one - maybe my boss won't mind if I post it).

So, your code would change to:

<mylib:eval id='myTitle'><bean:message key="app.title"/></mylib:eval>
<template:put name='title' content='<%=
pageContext.findAttribute("myTitle") %>' direct='true' />

Eval implementation left to the reader... :^)

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@btInternet.com>.
<template:put name="title" direct="true">
     <bean:message key="index.title"/>