Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rania Khalaf <rk...@watson.ibm.com> on 2002/01/08 07:17:52 UTC

custom deser and href

Hi,
I am trying to deserialize a complex type using a custom deserializer,
and am
having trouble if one of it's children has an href.
example:
<a xsi:type="someNS:a" .....>
    <b href="#id1"/>
</a>
<multiRef id="id1" ... xsi:type="someNS:b" ..> stuff here </multiRef>

In my onStartChild of my ATypeDeserializer, I need to check the type of
the child to
find a deserializer for it to register a callback (similar to the vector

deser). However,
QName elType = context.getTypeFromAttributes(namespace,
                         localName,
                         attributes);
gives null because it can't find the type attr in the b element, only
the href.

I see that the href gets dealt with in Deserializer's startElement, but
that is not getting called for the children. So how can I get to the
type of the child to return the correct deserializer in onStartChild?

Also, how if possible can i turn off multirefs on the server side? (in
the wsdd file)

Please advise.

thanks,
Rania