Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Csaba Kassai <cs...@doctusoft.com> on 2018/01/17 12:45:45 UTC

messageId from PubSubIO

Hi,

is it possible the get somehow the messageId field of a Pub/Sub message in
a DoFn after using the PubSubIO Beam source to read the messages?

I need the default id which was assigned by the Pub/Sub service. I want to
log it for debugging purposes.

Using a custom attribute for the unique id and the withIdAttribute() method
is not possible for me, because I have no influence on the publisher in
this case.

I use the 2.2.0 version of the Dataflow Java SDK.

Thanks,

Csabi

Re: messageId from PubSubIO

Posted by Csaba Kassai <cs...@doctusoft.com>.
ok, thanks for the feature request.

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 at 19:52 Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com> wrote:

> It is currently not exposed. I filed
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3489 as a feature request.
> It shouldn't be difficult to add if you would like to try to tackle this
> feature.
>
> Here is a pointer to the contribution guide for more details:
> https://beam.apache.org/contribute/contribution-guide/
>
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 4:45 AM, Csaba Kassai <cs...@doctusoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible the get somehow the messageId field of a Pub/Sub message
>> in a DoFn after using the PubSubIO Beam source to read the messages?
>>
>> I need the default id which was assigned by the Pub/Sub service. I want
>> to log it for debugging purposes.
>>
>> Using a custom attribute for the unique id and the withIdAttribute()
>> method is not possible for me, because I have no influence on the publisher
>> in this case.
>>
>> I use the 2.2.0 version of the Dataflow Java SDK.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Csabi

[image: photo]
Csaba Kassai <https://www.linkedin.com/in/csabakassai>