Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> on 2003/09/19 17:22:25 UTC

[juddi-Developers] jUDDI's build.xml includes a new "deploy" target.

I didn't mention the fact that I added a 'deploy' target to the build
last weekend.  This target requires an instance of Tomcat to be running
on localhost.  It basically performs these steps:

 1. Removes log files from the build directory
    from the last time 'deploy' was run (more
    on this in a minute).

 2. Tests to make sure that a Tomcat instance
    is running (creates verify.log in the build
    directory).

 3. Stops the jUDDI webapp if one is currently
    deployed and running (creates stop.log in
    the build directory).

 4. Deletes the 'juddi' directory from Tomcat's
    webapp directory.

 5. Copies the newly created 'juddi' webapp
    directory (built in the 'war' target) to
    the Tomcat webapps directory.

 6. Starts the jUDDI webapp (creates start.log
    in the build directory.

This target uses the values specified in the
build.properties file to perform it's duties.

  tomcat.dir            Tomcat's home directory
  tomcat.url            The URL to Tomcat's home page
  tomcat.mngr.username  Username to Tomcat's Manager webapp
  tomcat.mngr.password  Password to Tomcat's Manager webapp

If you'd like to use this deploy target be sure to set these values to
the one's your Tomcat instance Uses.

Steve