Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Braver <rb...@ohww.norman.ok.us> on 2007/10/18 05:00:47 UTC

Re[2]: How to block the bat!

Hello Payne,

On Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 9:43:25 PM, you wrote:

c> spam I am using is coming from the mail program.

c> http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

Just to be clear, I doubt highly that the spam you are seeing is
coming from an actual copy of The Bat.

Spamassassin will tag and score messages that claim to be from the
Bat that it can tell isn't really (just as is does for obviously
false Outlook x-mailer headers).  The only problem is that this rule
falsely fires sometimes on messages that have been relayed through a
mailing list.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Braver

Re: How to block the bat!

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
Robert Braver schrieb:
> Hello Payne,
>
> On Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 9:43:25 PM, you wrote:
>
> c> spam I am using is coming from the mail program.
>
> c> http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/
>
> Just to be clear, I doubt highly that the spam you are seeing is
> coming from an actual copy of The Bat.
>
> Spamassassin will tag and score messages that claim to be from the
> Bat that it can tell isn't really (just as is does for obviously
> false Outlook x-mailer headers).  The only problem is that this rule
> falsely fires sometimes on messages that have been relayed through a
> mailing list.

Exactly. Is there a known workaround for this (false hits with
Bat-Messages send through ML)?
What would you suggest?.

I am having this "problem" regarding a german mailinglist.:
(AWL Score seems to be too quick and dirty ...)

The user is known to me and he is using The Bat.

btw:
It seems to be the same with "Microsoft Internet Mail Service".

--
GrĂ¼sse/Greetings
MH

Dont send mail to: ubecatcher@linuxrocks.dyndns.org