Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Gopal Gandhi <go...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/26 20:35:58 UTC

Please help me: is there a way to "chown" in Hadoop?

I need to change a file's owner from userA to userB. Is there such a command? Thanks lot!

% hadoop dfs -ls file
/user/userA/file        2008-08-25 20:00 rwxr-xr-x   userA    supergroup

Re: Please help me: is there a way to "chown" in Hadoop?

Posted by Miles Osborne <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>.
Look at the other commands dfs provides and you will see the answer

Miles

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.