Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henrik K <he...@hege.li> on 2009/06/23 10:04:16 UTC

Reminder: EmailBL test zone will shut down July 1st

Referring to:

http://sa.hege.li/EmailBL.pm
http://sa.hege.li/EmailBL.cf
http://sa.hege.li/emailbl_lemfreemail.cf

Thanks for testing. If you have bad memory, you might as well disable it
already. :)

We'll see if it comes back in public. But the idea and plugin is out there,
so nothing prevents someone else trying things.

Cheers,
Henrik

Re: Reminder: EmailBL test zone will shut down July 1st

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@is.it-management.at>.
On Dienstag 23 Juni 2009 Justin Mason wrote:
> that's ok, we take that into account.  it does pretty well against
> zmi's corpus in particular.

Yeah, also helped in real live. Quite a few messages were finally tagged
as spam because of EMAILBL, with no reported FP.

It's a pity it will go away. Anything we can do to prevent this from
happening?
> If only someone run a dns zone..

What'cha mean by that?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Re: Reminder: EmailBL test zone will shut down July 1st

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 14:32, Henrik K<he...@hege.li> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 03:24:03PM +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, June 23, 2009 10:04, Henrik K wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for testing. If you have bad memory, you might as well disable it
>> > already. :)
>>
>> thanks for the code of this plugin and dns data, to know more what will
>> happend i like to ask:
>>
>> will you update this plugin again ?
>> will some results from the testing be shown in public ?
>
> Well, people posted their results.. also:
>
> http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20090620-r786769-n/T_EMAILBL_TEST_LEM/detail
>
> But most SA corpus include easy-to-block botnet-traffic, so freemail spam
> looks like it doesn't exist..

that's ok, we take that into account.  it does pretty well against
zmi's corpus in particular.
I suspect it'd do great with additional meta combinations.

(reminds me.  I meant to add a new view that only measures against
spams that score < N
where N== 8 or so, to avoid that.)

--j.

Re: Reminder: EmailBL test zone will shut down July 1st

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 03:24:03PM +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> On Tue, June 23, 2009 10:04, Henrik K wrote:
>
> > Thanks for testing. If you have bad memory, you might as well disable it
> > already. :)
>
> thanks for the code of this plugin and dns data, to know more what will
> happend i like to ask:
>
> will you update this plugin again ?
> will some results from the testing be shown in public ?

Well, people posted their results.. also:

http://ruleqa.spamassassin.org/20090620-r786769-n/T_EMAILBL_TEST_LEM/detail

But most SA corpus include easy-to-block botnet-traffic, so freemail spam
looks like it doesn't exist..

> will it be used as a plugin in postfwd ? :)

Support would be easy to add. If only someone run a dns zone..

Re: Reminder: EmailBL test zone will shut down July 1st

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

--
xpoint