Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/18 17:33:37 UTC

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPTIQ-355 - new website

Hi Julian,

It was a great start yesterday @MapR.  Thank you everyone.

I have updated the jira in the subject.
Attached the entire site-code that I demo'ed yesterday.

As said in demo, few of the links, points to optiq confluence wiki.
If you can add me to CWiki, I will add as much as documentation,
possible.

Also, checking out, on the javadoc, as well.

Thanking you.

With Regards
Sree
Architect
BlueTalon

Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPTIQ-355 - new website

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I’ve been thinking hard about whether we should use Apache CMS or svnpubsub
for the web site. I’ve now tried both: the current Optiq site [1] uses
svnpubsub, whereas the incubator site [2] uses CMS.

CMS is a bit more powerful but a lot more complicated. Every time I use it,
something seems to go wrong, and I have to follow up with an infrastructure
request to find out why it didn't deploy. svnpubsub is simpler, because
whatever you check into svn gets published, instantly. It will give us
freedom to choose our own processing engine (some flavor of markdown I’d
suppose) and also let us add content such as generated javadoc.

I know you prefer CMS, but I’d like to go with svnpubsub for now.

Can you work on converting the single page to a multi-page site? I think
that the Phoenix site is a good model to start from. You just need to

  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/phoenix/site phoenix-site
  cd phoenix-site/source
  mvn clean site

You can check out the latest Optiq site using

  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/optiq/site

How about creating a minimal site using Phoenix infrastructure, existing
content from Optiq's index.html (or
https://github.com/apache/incubator-optiq/blob/master/README.md if you
prefer -- it's the same content in .md format) and maybe one other page?

Julian

[1] http://optiq.incubator.apache.org/
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/calcite.html