Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com> on 2012/03/05 08:49:09 UTC

cli question

Hi!
I have CF with the following deffinition:

CREATE COLUMN FAMILY a_b_indx
    with comparator = 'CompositeType(LongType,UUIDType)'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and key_validation_class = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type)';

Where the key may be a composite of the following two strings: 'AAA' and
'BBB:CCC'
Notice, that the second string has ':' in it.
I try to query for rows I know exist in the CF but can't.
I tried those and many more :)

   - get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB:CCC'];
   - get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB\:CCC'];
   - get  a_b_indx [utf8('AAA'):utf8('BBB:CCC')];

Is it possible? Does anyone know how?

Thanks,

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

Re: cli question

Posted by Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>.
Thanks!
I decided to just replace all ":" with "^" and I can simply run:
get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB^CCC'];

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

RE: cli question

I have CF with the following deffinition:

CREATE COLUMN FAMILY a_b_indx
    with comparator = 'CompositeType(LongType,UUIDType)'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and key_validation_class = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type)';

Where the key may be a composite of the following two strings: 'AAA' and 'BBB:CCC'
Notice, that the second string has ':' in it.
I try to query for rows I know exist in the CF but can't.
I tried those and many more :)

  *   get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB:CCC'];
  *   get  a_b_indx ['AAA:BBB\:CCC'];
  *   get  a_b_indx [utf8('AAA'):utf8('BBB:CCC')];

Is it possible? Does anyone know how?

Thanks,

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media