Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Csík Norbert <cs...@freemail.hu> on 2005/04/01 19:12:58 UTC

auto page include

Hi!

I would like to include a default header and a  default footer automatically to my generated JSF pages. Just like include-prelude and include-coda does in the web.xml file for JSP pages. I tried this one, but didn't worked.

How can I include these pages automatically in JSF?

--
 Norbert Csík

Re: auto page include

Posted by Slawek <ss...@o2.pl>.
i think he is looking for something that is more autmatic;)

check diz aut: http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/

with that grat stuff programmer can make pages with mertioric content,
artist can make beautyfull decorator pages and non of them must take care
of sth.
really kicking balls technology... i think i should be implemented in
jsf...

Slawek

Re: auto page include

Posted by Csík Norbert <cs...@freemail.hu>.
Yes kind of, but I would like to use a mechanism like include-prelude and include-coda. The most important thing is make it automatic. I don't want to write an include command in the JSF pages. A configuration setting like this would be nice (buit this isn't works for me).

    <jsp-config>
        <jsp-property-group>
            <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
            <include-coda>bottom.jspf</include-coda>
        </jsp-property-group>
    </jsp-config>

Re: auto page include

Posted by Csík Norbert <no...@csik.net>.

Aaron Bartell írta:
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> HTH,
> Aaron Bartell
>
> <%@ page language="java" %>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>

> <head>
>    <%@include file="/inc/head.inc" %>
> </head>
>      <f:view>
>    <f:loadBundle basename="com.mowyourlawn.uitext.controls"
> var="controls"/>
>    <%@ include file="/inc/header.jsp" %>
>
> <!-- Page content goes here -->
>
>    <%@ include file="/inc/footer.jsp" %>
>    <h:messages styleClass="error"/>      </f:view>
>

> Csík Norbert wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to include a default header and a  default footer
>> automatically to my generated JSF pages. Just like include-prelude and
>> include-coda does in the web.xml file for JSP pages. I tried this one,
>> but didn't worked.
>>
>> How can I include these pages automatically in JSF?

--
 Csík Norbert          http://norbert.web.elte.hu/
 Programtervező matematikus

Re: auto page include