Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Сергей Булавинцев <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/13 11:55:41 UTC

Kafka connect after restart doesn't read connectors configuration

Hi,

I have a question regarding kafka connect and how it operates in
distributed mode. We use docker swarm to deploy kafka connect and only one
instance of it in swarm. After node crashing with kafka connect and
starting another instance on a new node it starts to read configuration
topic from offset 385 despite seeking to beginning of the topic. As I
checked in kafka connect code in KafkaBasedLog class it always tries to
read configuration topic from the beginning even if there are some
committed offsets, however in our case it reads from the last offset and no
configuration of connectors is read. Does anyone have any idea why it
happens and how it could be fixed?

Thanks.