Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM> on 2005/11/07 20:00:13 UTC

Proposal: Presentation Caching Rewrite

here's the proposal for the caching rewrite I would like to have done for Roller 2.1.  I would reuse a fair amount of the current code and simply be reorganizing things for the most part.

http://www.rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_CachingRewrite

The main changes would be the cache key rewrite and the addition of the CacheManager.  Depending on timing I may try and squeeze in a Memcached based implementation, but there is one very tricky piece that that which I am yet to sort out, so we'll see.

-- Allen