Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it> on 2010/04/16 09:20:16 UTC

FindFacitilty screen is limited and inconsistent

The FindFacility screen only has a single dropdown box to select a
facility. We have +1000 facilities so need the "standard" way of
searching enities. Is there any specific reason not to have a
full-blow search form?

Jeroen van der Wal

Re: FindFacitilty screen is limited and inconsistent

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yes, this is the very first thing to do for sure.
But there will be still several drop down fields around in other screens.

Jacopo

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
This is an issue where I work. We have many facilities and a drop-down list is very inconvenient.

-Adrian

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <jv...@stromboli.it>.
Oops, you're totally right Hans! My apologies for not fact-checking
this and wasting everybody's time. In our demo system it shows the
drop down but in our production system with 1206 facilities it's
correct.
--
Jeroen van der Wal
Stromboli b.v.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <jv...@stromboli.it>.
.. so I'll add 11 facilities to my demo data ...
Thanks,
-Jeroen

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
cool, thanks Hans

Jacopo

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
sorry more than 10....

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Yes consider for instance a education campus with many facilities within
facilities as well.

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 4/16/2010 12:32 AM: