Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> on 2002/04/24 13:06:02 UTC

python question

When I run 'make check' I get update_tests.py fails:

Running all tests in commit_tests.py...success
Running all tests in update_tests.py...FAILURE
Running all tests in prop_tests.py...success

When I run
 'python ~/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/update_tests.py'
from the command line it works

PASS: update_tests.py 1: update a locally-modified binary file
PASS: update_tests.py 2: update to an old revision of a binary files
PASS: update_tests.py 3: ensure update is not munging additions or replacements
PASS: update_tests.py 4: update to revision 0
PASS: update_tests.py 5: Make sure overlapping idental changes do not conflict.

The test/log contains

START: update_tests.py
PASS: update_tests.py 1: update a locally-modified binary file
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/update_tests.py", line 560, in ?
    svntest.main.run_tests(test_list)
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svntest/main.py", line 419, in run_tests
    exit_code = _internal_run_tests(test_list, testnum)
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svntest/main.py", line 367, in _internal_run_tests
    if run_one_test(n, test_list):
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svntest/main.py", line 351, in run_one_test
    error = apply(func, args)
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/update_tests.py", line 248, in update_binary_file_2
    None, None, None, None, wc_dir):
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svntest/actions.py", line 335, in run_and_verify_commit
    if run_and_verify_status(wc_dir_name, status_output_tree):
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svntest/actions.py", line 356, in run_and_verify_status
    mytree = tree.build_tree_from_status (output)
  File "/home/pm/sw/subversion/svn/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svntest/tree.py", line 587, in build_tree_from_status
    lastline = string.strip(lines.pop())
IndexError: pop from empty list
END: update_tests.py

Anyone got any ideas?

--
Philip

Re: python question

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> > It was completely reproducible, but now it's gone :-/ I added some
> > debugging to the svn client, rebuilt, reran 'make check' and it
> > passed. Took out the debugging, rebuilt, and it still passes.  I don't
> > know what the problem was, I suspect some sort of compile funny.
>
> I believe this was a bug in earlier versions of the binary, but it
> should have been squashed a couple of weeks ago.

It came back and hung around long enough for me to find it :) see r1766

--
Philip

Re: python question

Posted by cm...@collab.net.