Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Marcel Dullaart <md...@epo.org> on 2004/04/23 16:48:57 UTC

Scope of the setRenderParameter

What exactly is the scope of parameters set using the method
setRenderParameter()?
Section PLT.12.2.3 says about this topic: "These parameters will be used
in all subsequent render requests until a new client request targets the
portlet."

IMHO that also means that these render parameters should survive a change
in pages. So I'd expect that parameters are still on the renderRequest if
I switch to another page and then back again.
Currently in pluto (and in WPS 5.0.2) switching pages clears the render
parameters.

Is my assumption correct?

Marcel Dullaart

Re: Scope of the setRenderParameter

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Marcel Dullaart wrote:

> What exactly is the scope of parameters set using the method
> setRenderParameter()?
> Section PLT.12.2.3 says about this topic: "These parameters will be used
> in all subsequent render requests until a new client request targets the
> portlet."
>
> IMHO that also means that these render parameters should survive a
> change in pages. So I'd expect that parameters are still on the
> renderRequest if I switch to another page and then back again.
> Currently in pluto (and in WPS 5.0.2) switching pages clears the render
> parameters.
>
> Is my assumption correct?
>
> Marcel Dullaart

Hi,
please take a look at
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr168/Portlet_Specification_Errata.html#issue1

where this is discussed and clearified. Having render parameters accoss
pages is something that is not defined by the spec and is left to the
portal implementation.

Stefan