Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by big data <bi...@outlook.com> on 2018/11/01 10:21:23 UTC

How many columns limitation for parquet files?

Hi,

Anybody know how many MAX columns for parquet files?

And Do huge columns affect query performance?

Thanks.

Re: How many columns limitation for parquet files?

Posted by Eric Owhadi <er...@esgyn.com>.
I don't know about a fixed max, but I do know that writing to parquet files with lots of columns is very challenging from java memory consumption standpoint and forces you to downsize rowgroup size, with cascading negative effect on read speed.
Hope this helps
Eric

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.