Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by ri...@saunalahti.fi on 2013/03/25 08:31:47 UTC

Show stopper concern about corruption of Finnish translation

Hello

I have just find out that same show stopper corruption which was in version AOO 3.4.0 appers in test version AOO350m1 -Rev. 1432029.
This was reason why Finnish version was not published and bug was correct in version 3.4.1
Here is old picture of bug:

 http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rjaaskel/Kuvat/Tulostaikkuna.jpg

I suppose that this bug was created by somebody outside Finland by messing translated strings. Then I fixed translation and it was OK for version 3.4.1. Now there is same or another individual messing this Finnish translation I hope (s)he can clean her/his wrong doings.

So this situation is much worse than I suppose earlier.

Regards
Risto Jääskeläinen

Re: Show stopper concern about corruption of Finnish translation

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/25/13 8:31 AM, risto.i.j@saunalahti.fi wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have just find out that same show stopper corruption which was in
> version AOO 3.4.0 appers in test version AOO350m1 -Rev. 1432029.
> This was reason why Finnish version was not published and bug was
> correct in version 3.4.1
> Here is old picture of bug:
>
> http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rjaaskel/Kuvat/Tulostaikkuna.jpg
>
> I suppose that this bug was created by somebody outside Finland by
> messing translated strings. Then I fixed translation and it was OK for
> version 3.4.1. Now there is same or another individual messing this
> Finnish translation I hope (s)he can clean her/his wrong doings.
>
> So this situation is much worse than I suppose earlier.

which version, which developer built do you have checked exactly?

Potentially the sdf file for Finish is not merged correctly on trunk.

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/25/13 9:27 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Risto,
>
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 09:31:47AM +0200, risto.i.j@saunalahti.fi wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have just find out that same show stopper corruption which was in
>> version AOO 3.4.0 appers in test version AOO350m1 -Rev. 1432029.  This
>> was reason why Finnish version was not published and bug was correct
>> in version 3.4.1 Here is old picture of bug:
>>
>> http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rjaaskel/Kuvat/Tulostaikkuna.jpg
>>
>> I suppose that this bug was created by somebody outside Finland by
>> messing translated strings. Then I fixed translation and it was OK for
>> version 3.4.1. Now there is same or another individual messing this
>> Finnish translation I hope (s)he can clean her/his wrong doings.
>>
>> So this situation is much worse than I suppose earlier.
>
> The translation seems not merged in trunk:
>
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=STR_PRINTOPTUI&defs=&refs=&path=l10n%2Fsource%2Ffi&hist=&project=aoo-trunk
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/more/aoo-trunk/extras/l10n/source/fi/localize.sdf?q=STR_PRINTOPTUI&path=l10n%2Fsource%2Ffi
>
> 7087 sw source\ui\config\optdlg.src 0   itemlist    STR_PRINTOPTUI  18 0  fi  Kun tämä valinta on tehty, ohjelman lisäämät tyhjät sivut tulostetaan. Tämä on tarpeen, kun tulostetaan kaksipuoleisesti. Esimerkiksi kirjassa \"luku\"-kappaletyyli on määritelty alkavaksi aina parittomalta sivulta. Jos edellinen luku päättyy parittomalle sivulle, %PRODUCTNAME lisää parillisen tyhjän sivun. Tämä valinta ohjaa mainitun parillisen sivun tulostusta.  20120314 15:13:33
>
> on 3.4 branch:
>
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=STR_PRINTOPTUI&defs=&refs=&path=l10n%2Fsource%2Ffi&hist=&project=aoo-AOO34
> http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/more/aoo-AOO34/extras/l10n/source/fi/localize.sdf?q=STR_PRINTOPTUI&path=l10n%2Fsource%2Ffi
>
> 7087 sw source\ui\config\optdlg.src 0   itemlist    STR_PRINTOPTUI  18 0  fi  ~Huomaut 20120314 15:13:33
>

> Looking in Pootle,
> https://translate.apache.org/fi/OOo_34/sw/source/ui/config.po/translate/?unit=5754833
> there are still suggestions by "nobody".
>
> Looking at the history, it seems the sdf was merged
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/fi/
> but something went wrong.

I don't know what went wrong but I have replaced the sdf file with the
one of 3.4.1. The next step will be to update all sdf files to the
changes in and for 4.0. I hope we have the sidebar complete soon that
we can start the localization update for 4.0.

Juergen

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Risto,

--