Posted to users@directory.apache.org by brock samson <br...@hotmail.com> on 2015/02/10 17:47:22 UTC

adding administrativeRole in LDIF

i am trying to import an LDIF file into apacheds2-M19 where a partition has an "administrativeRole" associated with it. the contents of my LDIF look like this:

dn: dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: top
objectclass: domain
dc: example
add: administrativeRole
administrativeRole: accessControlSpecificArea

but when i try to import it via the apache studio, i get the following error:

: ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID add does not exist!]; remaining name 'dc=example,dc=com'

it looks like it is complaining about the "add" in the LDIF file, yet your example here (https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/3.2-basic-authorization.html) shows that this is a correct entry. so what am i doing wrong? thank you.

Re: adding administrativeRole in LDIF

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 10/02/15 17:47, brock samson a écrit :
> i am trying to import an LDIF file into apacheds2-M19 where a partition has an "administrativeRole" associated with it. the contents of my LDIF look like this:
>
> dn: dc=example,dc=com
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: domain
> dc: example
> add: administrativeRole
> administrativeRole: accessControlSpecificArea
>
> but when i try to import it via the apache studio, i get the following error:
>
> : ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID add does not exist!]; remaining name 'dc=example,dc=com'
>
> it looks like it is complaining about the "add" in the LDIF file, yet your example here (https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/3.2-basic-authorization.html) shows that this is a correct entry.
No, you are misreading the example given on this page.

In your case, you are creating a full entry, not modifying it, so the
add: XXX is useless.