Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Muller, Anthony" <an...@sap.com> on 2011/06/17 14:05:16 UTC

How to test a declarative service in Eclipse, using JUnit Plug-in Test?

Hello,

I'm trying to test a declarative service in Eclipse using JUnit Plug-in test.

It works quite fine, but "sometimes" my service is not found... I guess that is because the bundle loading order is not guaranty in OSGi and so, sometimes, the bundle containing the declarative service is loading after my test was running...

How to configure Eclipse/JUnit to fix that problem?

Thanks and regards,
Anthony

RE: How to test a declarative service in Eclipse, using JUnit Plug-in Test?

Posted by "Muller, Anthony" <an...@sap.com>.
It's what I'm trying to do but I can make this work :(

I have 4 projects/bundles in Eclipse:

1) test project - SCR "consumer" consumes PatchEngine (with the JUnit Plug-in Test)
2) patch engine - SCR "engine" provides PatchEngine, consumes 1..N PatchService
3) patch 1 - SCR "patch1" provides PatchService
3) patch 1 - SCR "patch2" provides PatchService

Regards,
Anthony

In the "Run Configurations" for the test go to the Plug-ins tab. Change "Launch with" to "Plugins selected below only". In the list of plugins you can then set a start level.
Regards,

Nick

I'm trying to test a declarative service in Eclipse using JUnit Plug-in test.

It works quite fine, but "sometimes" my service is not found... I guess that is because the bundle loading order is not guaranty in OSGi and so, sometimes, the bundle containing the declarative service is loading after my test was running...

How to configure Eclipse/JUnit to fix that problem?

Thanks and regards,
Anthony

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses.

RE: How to test a declarative service in Eclipse, using JUnit Plug-in Test?

Posted by Nick Wilson <ni...@weareact.com>.
Hi Anthony,