Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Richard <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/15 12:42:31 UTC

Missing ostream<< symbol w/SUNWspro

I have compiled stdcxx 4.2.1 with SUNWspro (using build flags
debug,shared,threads and the sunpro.config) and when I try to run a simple
helloworld application I get a missing symbol for the ostream<< operator. If
I remove the inline keyword from the operator<< templates in include/ostream
then this symbol is no longer missing but I get an assert failure about a
null facet.

Is removing inline from the function templates the way to solve the missing
symbol? If so, how do I ensure that the facets are not null? If not, what is
the correct way to ensure that the inline operator<< symbol are visible?

Apologies if this is not the correct mailing list for this question, and
thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Richard.