Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ulf Liedén <ul...@lieden.net> on 2010/03/15 09:42:56 UTC

Request Encoding

Hi all,

when my struts application receives form entries containing french character
(i.e. é è) they are converted to something else, like é è.

This has probably something to do with how the request is encoded. I've
tried to add

ServletActionContext.getRequest().setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");

to the action class validate() method, and

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

to the JSP, but this doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Ulf

Re: Request Encoding

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2010/3/15 Ulf Liedén <ul...@lieden.net>:
> to the JSP, but this doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Add encoding filter to web.xml

Regards
--
Łukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Request Encoding

Posted by Ulf Liedén <ul...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manos, Lukasz,

and thanks for the replies. Setting the URIEncoding="UTF-8" in the
server.xml didn't do the trick for me, but so did an UTF8Filter in the
web.xml.

Best regards,
Ulf

Re: Request Encoding