Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/21 12:48:40 UTC

subversion 1.7 - Internal server error (HTTP 500) - user account gets locked out

Hi Team,

We are using subversion 1.7 version and we are facing issues very often
when the users trying to commit or checkout they are getting HTTP 500 error
and the user is getting locked out.  The users are authenticated via LDAP.

At first we thought it was a server resource crunch issue and we increased
the server resources but still we are getting the same problem

Here is the current details

Subversion running on single server

Repos : 135

Disk Used : Around 500GB

CPU : 4

RAM : 24

Subversion Repo file system type : FSFS

Below is the apache settings

Timeout 60

KeepAlive Off

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

KeepAliveTimeout 15

<IfModule prefork.c>

StartServers       8

MinSpareServers    5

MaxSpareServers   20

ServerLimit      256

MaxClients       256

MaxRequestsPerChild  4000

</IfModule>

<IfModule worker.c>

StartServers         4

MaxClients         300

MinSpareThreads     25

MaxSpareThreads     75

ThreadsPerChild     25

MaxRequestsPerChild  0

</IfModule>

We have around 100+ users accessing the repos and the CPU utilization is
normal as checked in sar report.

Any advice on the same.

Thanks & regards,

Jackson J

Re: subversion 1.7 - Internal server error (HTTP 500) - user account gets locked out

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 2:14 PM jackson <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI Mark ,
>
>   Thank you so much , i will enable the debug mode and do the testing and let you know once done.

I would suggest taking a look at the Apache error.log once you do as
it will grow very fast. The LDAP module logs a fair amount and
sometimes you get a sense where it is failing from the debug logs. If
it is possible to just put that module in debug logging it might help
keep the log size manageable.

It is probably mod_authnz_ldap (or whatever it is called) that is most relevant.

Mark

Re: subversion 1.7 - Internal server error (HTTP 500) - user account gets locked out

Posted by jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
HI Mark ,

  Thank you so much , i will enable the debug mode and do the testing and
let you know once done.

Thanks & Regards,
Jackson J

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nathan,

    Yes, we are building a new subversion server with version 1.10.

We have been facing this issue for the past 3-4 months and  Meanwhile, is
there any performance tuning that can be done to fix this issue till the
migration is completed ?

Thanks & Regards,
Jackson J

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.