Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nikos Chaliasos <nc...@cs.uoi.gr> on 2014/11/28 10:01:51 UTC

phrase extraction from user paragraph input

Hello,

I am investigating a university project where in a part of it, the user
would give a paragraph of text as input and the parsing process (after
removing stopwords) would extract a series of descriptive topics about the
paragraph, with which I could then search in documents for results.
Is there any available bibliography/source that could help me start with? I
am very new to solr/lucene and I couldn't find anything similar to what I
am thinking.

Thank you,

Nikos Chaliasos

Re: phrase extraction from user paragraph input

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nokos,

Can you quote an example for your usecase, I guess that will be helpful for
understanding the problem more clearly.

Cheers!

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

For the first part of the task, you can use key phrase extraction.

https://code.google.com/p/maui-indexer/
http://www.nzdl.org/Kea/

Ahmet