Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Dorin Ciobanu <do...@computaris.com> on 2007/01/22 10:07:55 UTC

Starting ...

Dear QPID members,

Long story made short - the company I'm working in, wishes to allocate
time to developers for open source.
QPID seems a good project to participate. Can you please tell me what
can we do to help? :)

I also have to do an internal presentation for the project. A list of
open issues and TODOs will be very useful.

Thanks,
Dorin Ciobanu

This email is subject to Computaris email terms of use: http://www.computaris.com/email_terms.html

Re: Starting ...

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
One thing on your email terms and conditions:

"Copyright in the message belongs to Computaris. Any use, dissemination,
distribution, reproduction or unauthorised disclosure of the message is
prohibited. If you receive the message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete it from your computer systems."

Can you please make a statement of the fact that you *are* authorising the
Apache Qpid project to use email contributions from your firm.

For code contributions there is the Apache ICLA which you should check out,
and make sure your company's legal folk understand and are happy with the
requirements.

Thanks!
John

Re: Starting ...

Posted by Dorin Ciobanu <do...@computaris.com>.
Hello!

The company does telecom and telecom billing software. People are mainly
involved in Java, C and C++ projects.
These are the strong parts. Guys have also a lot of experience in unix
like OS-es (particularly  Linux and Solaris) - meaning
bash/ksh/... scripting, debuging and profiling software.

I hope we can be helpful!

Best regards,
Dorin

Re: Starting ...

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Dorin,

Re: Starting ...

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Dorin,

C++ client and broker does not have all it's security options
implemented yet. That is a nice unit of work
with a working example already complete in Java.

Carl.

Re: Starting ...

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.