Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ian MacLean <ia...@ActiveState.com> on 2001/09/12 02:10:39 UTC

Ant include

Hi all. I'm just wondering if there is any planned support for including
common build files. Somthing like <antinclude file ="foo.xml"/> to
enable common build rules for multiple projects. I had a hunt thru the
FAQ and only found this:

<quote>
"You can use XML's way of including external files and let the parser do
the job for Ant:

 <?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE project [
    <!ENTITY common SYSTEM "file:./common.xml">
]>

<project name="test" default="test" basedir=".">

  <target name="setup">
  </target>

  &common;

</project>

</quote>

which seems a bit clunky. My apologies if this has been discussed
previously.

Ian MacLean

Re: Ant include

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Ian MacLean <ia...@ActiveState.com> wrote:

> I'm just wondering if there is any planned support for including
> common build files.

An include mechanism is on the list of accepted features for Ant2.

Stefan