Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Jeffrey Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2014/01/25 19:45:10 UTC

Isolated KiWi Triplestores

Greetings, new KiWi Triplestore user here.

Is it possible to use the KiWi Triplestore for isolated users in the same
database? What I mean is I'd like to use the same database for multiple
users and keep each user's triples separate and inaccessible to the other
users. I have it set up based on the sample code (
https://marmotta.apache.org/kiwi/triplestore.html) and it seems like
multiple databases would be required to support multiple users. Is that
right or is there another way?

Thanks!
Jeff

P.S. The "Post" link for the User's mailing list is missing an "a" on
https://marmotta.apache.org/mail-lists.html.

Re: Isolated KiWi Triplestores

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi,

On 27/01/14 00:15, Jeffrey Zemerick wrote:
> Yes, two completely different KiWi triplestores in the same database. For
> just a few users it shouldn't be a problem to have multiple databases.

It'd depend on how many users you expect to have running...

> I will explore the table prefix idea and if I get anything good I'll
> contribute it in case anyone else ever needs it.

Cool. Then please file an issue in jira to track the idea and its
progress. Because I can imagine many lateral effects (update scripts and
so 0n) you are not taking into account now, but well, let's see..

Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher

Re: Isolated KiWi Triplestores

Posted by Jeffrey Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
Sergio,

Yes, two completely different KiWi triplestores in the same database. For
just a few users it shouldn't be a problem to have multiple databases. I
will explore the table prefix idea and if I get anything good I'll
contribute it in case anyone else ever needs it.

Thanks!
Jeff

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi Jeff,