Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Jacques Legare <jl...@ca.stilo.com> on 2005/09/16 15:47:44 UTC

3.0 release ...

The release plan (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/releases_plan.html)
states that a 3.0 release is planned for the second half of 2005. I've
scanned the mailing list archives, but I have not been able to find a
more accurate target date.

Do the Xerces-C++ developers have a more firm target date for the
release of 3.0?

Thanks,
Jacques

--
-----
Jacques Légaré                       jlegare@ca.stilo.com

This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying, or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message and any attachments.

Re: 3.0 release ...

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Jacques Legare wrote:
> The release plan (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/releases_plan.html)
> states that a 3.0 release is planned for the second half of 2005. I've
> scanned the mailing list archives, but I have not been able to find a
> more accurate target date.
>
> Do the Xerces-C++ developers have a more firm target date for the
> release of 3.0?

The 3.0 branch is a mess right now, because we are re-doing the entire
automake/autoconf infrastructure.  Although we could probably hit a
release date toward the end of the year, the committers have been pretty
quiet, so I'm not sure we will.

Dave