Posted to user@flink.apache.org by HG <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/19 14:07:39 UTC

build.gradle troubles with IntelliJ

Hi
For  my first project I followed :
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/dev/datastream/project-configuration/
where there a build.gradle example

I created a directory, entered into it and did gradle init.
The I created the build.gradle as per the example.

I opened the directory with IntelliJ and opened the build.gradle file
When performing the "load changes" I bump into issues.

The first issue was a minor one:
Build file '/u01/testje/build.gradle' line: 41
 A problem occurred evaluating root project 'testje'.
> Cannot add task 'wrapper' as a task with that name already exists.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

Easy : I had to remove "task" and (type Wrapper).

After that I have :

Caused by:
org.gradle.internal.metaobject.AbstractDynamicObject$CustomMessageMissingMethodException:
*Could not find method compile() for arguments
[org.apache.flink:flink-streaming-java_2.11:1.13-SNAPSHOT*] on object of
type
org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

I tried scala 2.11 and 1.14 SNAPSHOT  but nothing works.

When I look at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flink/flink-streaming-java..
everything is available

What am I doing wrong?

Regards Hans-Peter

Re: build.gradle troubles with IntelliJ

Posted by HG <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nico.
I will let you know the results

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi,
unfortunately, the gradle example in the docs has grown a bit old [1] and I