Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Keith Cheng <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/10 13:16:27 UTC

missing classes in commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2

Dear all,

I found that the commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2 does NOT contain log4j wrapper classes.  That means I cannot use log4j for logging even I have properties files setup correctly and log4j.jar in my webapp's classpath.

Can struts bundle the FULL version of commons-logging.jar?

Thanks.

Cheers,

-- Keith Cheng

乞丐王子,細路,好心分手,跅跅步哈姆太郎...
越800首至新至Hit手機鈴聲!
Over 800 latest ringtones, only on Yahoo!

Re: missing classes in commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
Keith Cheng wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I found that the commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2 does NOT contain log4j wrapper classes.  That means I cannot use log4j for logging even I have properties files setup correctly and log4j.jar in my webapp's classpath.
>
> Can struts bundle the FULL version of commons-logging.jar?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Keith Cheng
>
> ????,??,????,???????...
> ?800????Hit????!
> Over 800 latest ringtones, only on Yahoo!

Thank you for that report! I had wasted an entire day trying to figure
out why logging was not working.

--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: missing classes in commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Keith Cheng wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I found that the commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2 does NOT contain log4j wrapper classes.  That means I cannot use log4j for logging even I have properties files setup correctly and log4j.jar in my webapp's classpath.
>
>Can struts bundle the FULL version of commons-logging.jar?

That was a build error. I don't know who's it was - but it was a build
error.

Just grab a copy of commons-logging.jar from jakarta commons, drop it
into your lib folder ... and be done with it.

--
Eddie Bush

Re: missing classes in commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, [big5] Keith Cheng wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:16:27 +0800 (CST)
> From: "[big5] Keith Cheng" <mr...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: missing classes in commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2
>

> Dear all,
>
> I found that the commons-logging.jar in 1.1b2 does NOT contain log4j wrapper classes.  That means I cannot use log4j for logging even I have properties files setup correctly and log4j.jar in my webapp's classpath.
>
> Can struts bundle the FULL version of commons-logging.jar?

Please read the note entitled "Log4J Users Please Note" at the bottom of
the download page for 1.1b2.

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.1-b2/

> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,