Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2020/09/08 07:36:11 UTC

[VOTE] to use Lombok inside OFBiz

Hi,

Following our discussions about using Lombok inside OFBiz, as it's not clear if we should, here is a vote to decide about that.

The question is: "should we use Lombok inside OFBiz?"

Please cast your vote:

[+1]	to use Lombok inside OFBiz
[0]     to abstain
[-1]    to not use Lombok inside OFBiz

This vote will be open for a week.

Thanks

Jacques

Re: [VOTE] to use Lombok inside OFBiz

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
-1

I don't think Lombok is right for the OFBiz framework.

Looks like Lombok is good for object oriented programming and in OFBiz we
generally stay away from POJO or other similar object oriented programming
practices.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
COO
HotWax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
Cell: + 1 509 398 3120

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
-1

[RESULT][VOTE] to use Lombok inside OFBiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

Thank you all for voting. The vote is now closed and the result is as follows:

There were no  +1 votes
There were no 0 votes
There were 6 -1 votes

So the answer is "We should not use Lombok inside OFBiz"

Somehow related: I'm using Eclipse, and it remembers me 2 articles I read long ago.

https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2011/09/eclipse-shortcuts-for-increased.html Starting at "*Alt + Shift + R" *are some useful shortcuts when refactoring
(I must say I don't use them much)

There is also this concept of code templates:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120519232804/http://benpryor.com:80/blog/2006/03/03/top-10-tips-for-new-eclipse-users/ (look for "*Use Templates"* point 9)
**

Anyway I know most people use IntelliJ nowadays, so just as a consolation for those who still use Eclipse and would have like to use Lombok :)

Jacques

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
-1.

Rishi Solanki