Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/06/12 00:31:15 UTC

[Announcement] new name for Oracle's ADF Faces donation

Hi ADF community,

during the last three days we were looking for a new name. Lot's of
users suggested a new name and we finally voted on that names. The
community (not only the committers) voted mostly for the name
"Trinidad".

So in fact the "formal" ADF Faces component libary is know known as "Trinidad".

Thanks for your help!

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: [Announcement] new name for Oracle's ADF Faces donation

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I just read some of the incubator mails (sent by Noel)

this website is mentioned for checking if the *desired* name (in this
case Trinidad)
is already taken by a software

http://www.nameprotect.com/

-Matthias

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, definitely so.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Frank,

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
What have other projects done ? I doubt any other ASF projects have a formal
trademark. I *THINK* as long as we have done a seach, we should be able to
proceed.

Grant Smith

RE: [Announcement] new name for Oracle's ADF Faces donation

Posted by Frank Felix Debatin <ff...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.