Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/05/01 01:39:33 UTC

Re: How to get the similarity between two string vectors?

Yes and no.  You can have a look at More Like This in the contrib
package.  Additionally, you can just get the TermVectors out of Lucene
and write your own.  You could use a MemoryIndex which contains one
document and represent the other document as a query and the "search".

But, no, there isn't a MethodName(Vector1, Vector2) option.

-Grant

On Apr 30, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Kamal Najib wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to Lucene and I want to get the similarity between two
> vectors of strings,is there a method, who do that?
> for example if i have the vectors:
> Vector1 :<"term1","term2","term3">
> Vector2:<"term4","term5","term5">
> is there a method to get the similarity between them in lucene,or is
> there any other way to do it?
> for esample: MethodName(Vector1,Vector2).
> Thanks in advance.
> kamal.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/