Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nicolas SIBIEN <ni...@multimania.com> on 2001/01/18 12:07:48 UTC

ProducerFromRequest Error !

Hello guys,

so my problem is :

with the sample 'fromservlet', i compil exactly (when the first line 'package' is inactive) but.....
when i launch the servlet, he tell me this message :

Getting an instance of the Cocoon engine...
Wrapping the original request...
Adding parameters to my request to Cocoon...
Generate some content...
Error: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromRequest: class is not found

So,i have read the README file which tell about, but i can't find my error....

My server' servlet is LWS (Lite Web Server) under Win95.

Yet, the servlet with my server is working properly for all .xml files (merge is exact and quick)), and the configuration is easy.

My only problem is to call CocoonServlet from a servlet !!!

Thanks for your help !

E-mail gratuit - MultiMania - http://www.multimania.fr

Re: ProducerFromRequest Error !

Posted by Kjartan Müller <kj...@usit.uio.no>.
I got this error while updating to Cocoon 1.8.1-dev from 1.7.4 before
updating the properties-file. I think the default producer was changed
somewhere between releases, and the ProducerFromRequest removed from the
distribution.

Kjartan

>Hello guys,
>
>so my problem is :
>
>with the sample 'fromservlet', i compil exactly (when the first line
>'package' is inactive) but.....
>when i launch the servlet, he tell me this message :
>

>Getting an instance of the Cocoon engine...
>Wrapping the original request...
>Adding parameters to my request to Cocoon...
>Generate some content...
>Error: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromRequest: class
>is not found
>

>So,i have read the README file which tell about, but i can't find my error....
>
>My server' servlet is LWS (Lite Web Server) under Win95.
>
>Yet, the servlet with my server is working properly for all .xml files
>(merge is exact and quick)), and the configuration is easy.
>
>My only problem is to call CocoonServlet from a servlet !!!
>

>Thanks for your help !

Kjartan Müller
kjartan.muller@usit.uio.no
tlf: (47) 22 84 01 15