Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2004/08/06 05:50:47 UTC

Welcome to Apache Derby!

Hello all, my name is Dan Debrunner and I'm excited to be a committer on the
Apache Derby database. I encourage everyone to get involved and help build
vibrant user and developer communities for Derby.

I'm employed by IBM and have been working on the Cloudscape product since
its inception as a start-up company in Oakland, California in 1996. Informix
Software acquired Cloudscape, Inc in 1999 and IBM acquired the Cloudscape
technology through its purchase of the Informix Software database assets in
2001. For most of that time I was the architect for Cloudscape. Prior to
that I spent an additional seven years working on database internals at
Sybase, Illustra and Informix.

Dan.

Re: Welcome to Apache Derby!

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
I look forward to seeing what synergy we can create between Axion & Derby.

I''ll start a quick architecture overview in a new thread.

Dan.

Re: Welcome to Apache Derby!

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan.  Welcome to Apache.

Re: Welcome to Apache Derby!

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@Sourcery.Org>.
Hello All!

I am also a committer on the Derby database project.  I  work for IBM
and have been working  in Cloudscape development for the last few
years.  My focus has been primarily on Network Server and the language
component of Cloudscape.    I think it is wonderful that this product is
out in the world again and am looking forward to lots of new  users,
contributors and ideas.

Kathey