Posted to user@poi.apache.org by dpront <ge...@xmarter.com> on 2012/03/09 10:53:08 UTC

Unhandled Continue Record followining class org.apache.poi.hssf.record.HeaderFooterRecord

Hi,

  I am getting a weird behavior on Apache POI but is having a hard time on
how to find a fix.  The scenario is, I have a .xlsm file that I converts
(using my laptop - 32 bit windows environment) into .xls file then process
the .xls file using Apache POI, on this event, it works perfectly fine.  But
when I converted the .xlsm file into .xls using a different system (64-bit
windows environment) and process the .xls file using Apache POI, I am now
getting an exception, saying:

  Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unhandled Continue Record
followining class org.apache.poi.hssf.record.HeaderFooterRecord
	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactoryInputStream.readNextRecord(RecordFactoryInputStream.java:357)
	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactoryInputStream.nextRecord(RecordFactoryInputStream.java:251)
	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.java:442)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:287)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:250)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:194)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:329)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:310)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.create(WorkbookFactory.java:64)

  And when I am opening the excel, I am getting this error:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/68616755.png/

  Does anyone encountered and be able to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Unhandled Continue Record followining class org.apache.poi.hssf.record.HeaderFooterRecord

Posted by dpront <ge...@xmarter.com>.
Hi Nick,

  Thanks.  I am using POI 3.8 beta 5, guess I'll have to wait for beta 6
then.

Re: Unhandled Continue Record followining class org.apache.poi.hssf.record.HeaderFooterRecord

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, dpront wrote:
> I am getting a weird behavior on Apache POI but is having a hard time on
> how to find a fix.

What version of POI? If it's not a recent nightly build, then I'd suggest
you try that. Well, either try that, or wait a week or so, and try with
3.8 beta 6, or wait a little longer still and use 3.8 final!

Nick