Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by ajay singh <aj...@tekritisoftware.com> on 2008/07/18 11:17:06 UTC

How do I verify an external ajax request is coming from a valid SNS user?

Hi
If I am making an application for orkut or any open social container, then how can i check the valid request. Suppose I have written a code  -
gadgets.io.makeRequest('mydomain/a.php')

so how can i check that ajax request is valid .It is not coming from invalid source or not coming directly from browser (If anyone directly paste this url in browser)

Thanks
Ajay

Re: How do I verify an external ajax request is coming from a valid SNS user?

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
You should use SIGNED or OAUTH authentication when doing makeRequest, and
your server can verify the origin by using that.

Posted by David Primmer <da...@gmail.com>.
you want to use signed requests

here's some info on how to setup your server to handle them.

http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/wiki/OrkutValidatingSignedRequests

davep