Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/02/03 23:07:13 UTC

ActiveMQ directory as peer to geronimo-1.0 directory?

Any idea why an ActiveMQ directory gets created as a peer to the
top-level geronimo-1.0 directory.  Looks like this directory contains
message state, and I'd expect to see it under
geronimo-1.0/var/activemq.

Is this a known issue?  Any reason why the directory is not under var?

--jason

Re: ActiveMQ directory as peer to geronimo-1.0 directory?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On 2/3/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> Any idea why an ActiveMQ directory gets created as a peer to the
> top-level geronimo-1.0 directory.  Looks like this directory contains
> message state, and I'd expect to see it under
> geronimo-1.0/var/activemq.
>
> Is this a known issue?  Any reason why the directory is not under var?

I hadn't noticed it before, and if that's true, I'd say there's likely
no reason it's not under /var other than we haven't taken a close
enough look at what goes where.  As we're talking about supporting
multiple servers out of the same installation, though, I'd think that
definitely needs to go under /var.  Want to create a JIRA?

Thanks,
    Aaron