Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Nomar Morado <no...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/29 12:18:52 UTC

Kafka broker went down with "No space left on device" when there is a lot more

Two of my brokers went down today with the same error - see attachment for
details.

The device though is 55% free which is about over 100GB in space. The
entire kafka logs is only 1.3GB.

Any thoughts on what might be tripping this one?

I am using kafka 0.9.0.1.

Thanks

Nomar

Re: Kafka broker went down with "No space left on device" when there is a lot more

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
apache mailing list doesn't allow attachments. Can you paste the error
message here?
also check for free inodes on disk
https://www.ivankuznetsov.com/2010/02/no-space-left-on-device-running-out-of-inodes.html