Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stevie <ig...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/25 23:42:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Debugging Symbols

Hello. I am trying to debug segmentation fault errors on my Ubuntu 10.04 x64
server running Apache 2.2.14. I've enabled core dumps as per the instructions in
/usr/share/doc/apache2.2-common/REAMDE.backtrace. When loading gdb I receive
errors about not being able to load debug symbols. The aforementioned document
asked that I install specific packages for debugging, among them being
apache2-dbg. This package is not available however through my repository, and I
am unable to find it through the Apache Project website. I would like to know
where I can find the debug symbols for this version of Apache so that I can work
towards figuring out what module is causing my segmentation fault.

Thanks in advance.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Debugging Symbols

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Stevie <ig...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello. I am trying to debug segmentation fault errors on my Ubuntu 10.04 x64
> server running Apache 2.2.14. I've enabled core dumps as per the
> instructions in /usr/share/doc/apache2.2-common/REAMDE.backtrace. When
> aforementioned document asked that I install specific packages for
> debugging, among them being apache2-dbg. This package is not available
> however through my repository, and I am unable to find it through the Apache
> Project website. I would like to know where I can find the debug symbols for
> this version of Apache so that I can work towards figuring out what module
> is causing my segmentation fault.

Only your OS distribution can provide them to you if you're using their build.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com