Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by jie123108 <ji...@163.com> on 2021/12/15 02:41:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] The `禁用` button on the plugin list page has ambiguity issues

Hi Community

I recently used the `apisix-dashboard` in my project, on the plugins list page, for a plugin that had been enabled.
It may not be appropriate to call it `禁用` here, right?   It would be more appropriate to name it "编辑”.

`禁用` gives the impression that when you click it, the plugin will be disabled. But in fact it is edited (including the disable function)

For those who are familiar with this feature, it may not be a problem. But a newcomer, seeing this `禁用` button for the first time, especially in a production environment, should be afraid to click it.

Re: [DISCUSS] The `禁用` button on the plugin list page has ambiguity issues

Posted by Zeping Bai <bz...@apache.org>.
YES, I agree with you.

Would you be comfortable proposing a PR change to it? If not please
create an issue and the community contributors will fix it when they
are available.

Best regards!
Zeping Bai  @bzp2010

jie123108 <ji...@163.com> 于2021年12月15日周三 10:41写道:

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi Jie,

I just checked and it's using `启用(Enable)` and `禁用(Disable)` indeed, that's
because we want to provide a clear status of that plugin.

After consideration, a plugin has 3 kinds of statuses: Enabled, Disabled,
Not Configured.

How about using `配置/编辑(Configure)` for that button, and adding a status
badge on that plugin card? so users will know its Enabled/Disabled status?

Best Regards!
@ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>

Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> 于2021年12月15日周三 10:53写道:

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.